Wednesday, February 25, 2009

confession of an inanimate object - Dixie

Ha, ha.
This is fun.
I am the king!
I am the only slot machine at Eddie's Quick Mart and Fixit Shop.
Everyone notices me now.
No long rows of stupid machines that all look the same.
No endless whining people who don't know a cherry from a 7.
Here, I am appreciated.
My age is not a handicap because at Eddie's, people don't go for that digital crap.
They want a stiff pull arm that fights back.
They like the classic clang clang ding! of the jackpot, not some lame tune that sounds like Sesame Street.
They get all excited at my occasional blackouts and whack me on the side, like a giant drum.
It's our dance. Yeah! Cha cha cha!
Then I give them the spinning lemons and light up like a Christmas tree!
Santa Claus, that's me, bringing cheer to this little dump
way out in the dark
Tonopah nowhere
purgatory graveyard
all alone ...
wahhhhhhhhh
I miss Las Vegas.

No comments: